As Technical Specialist Construction you will bring your technical expertise to develop and support the inspectorate in their regulatory functions and provide technical advice to external stakeholders. Play a part in improving safety and quality standards in New Zealand | Bring your practical construction site experience to WorkSafe | Permanent, all WorkSafe office locations considered.
You will also support the operations of the Technical Specialists team and be a valued member of a centre of expertise for WorkSafe in the delivery of cost effective, efficient, and high-quality technical advice on health and safety issues. You will also:
- Provide technical support and advice on commercial construction
- Contribute to the development of commercial construction capability
- Contribute to regional / national initiatives or programmes / projects
- Promote and undertake environmental scans
- Reinforce continuous improvement in safety, standards and quality in New Zealand workplaces
- Ensure the provision of relevant and up to date advice on technical safety issues
The ideal person for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent writing ability with a clear, concise, and evidence-based style
- Well-developed communication skills
- Practical experience that acknowledges you as a credible construction technical specialist
- A high level of systems thinking capability
- Ability to adopt a client perspective when considering technical policy and its implementation.
- Able to translate technical information into simple language
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulation
- A tertiary qualification in Civil and/or Construction or equivalent experience based on knowledge
Working in a high-performing team, you'll enjoy a supportive environment where you are trusted and empowered to do your best work. If this sounds like you, WorkSafe would love to hear from you.